Friday, May 19, 2006

Skein-o-rama

So, I set the twist on my second skein and I'm so very proud of it :)


My second skein! It's sooooooo pretty and nice and even and quite thin. You can't tell in this picture, but the single is about 1/3 the size of my first skein's singles! Yay for Mel! The Brown sheep mill ends were a DREAM to spin and this is the first yarn spun on my new Greensleeve Lionheart spindle :) I am in love with it... *swoony* It's 79 yards long. Why couldn't I have spun just a TAD more mill ends to get a nice, even 80? Ah well. I still love it :D


Okay, so this is my first skein, redone :) I didn't like how it "bloomed" after washing it, so I added twist, put it on my niddy noddy, washed it again to set the new twist and voila! A nice, even skein of yarn :) Much better than the first go-round....

*happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment