Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Knit Picks Needle Nirvana

*sob*

I just wrote a HUGE GLOWING review of the new Knit Picks wooden needle tips and accidentally lost it!!!! *sob sob sob**

Quick re-cap because I need to get back to work.

Ordered them they day they were on the website. Got them yesterday :)

They're amazing. They're beautiful. They're the perfect needle. I am never using another needle again. So smooth they are almost laquered feeling, but not sticky like laquer. The yarn moves effortlessly along the needles, but also stays put enough to not have them all slide off when you aren't looking. Colors aren't as garish as they look on the website...more a muted, wooden colors. They're stunning to look at, warm in the hands, super soft and just a dream to hold. I didn't want to put them down.

Knitting with them is amazing. Stitches glides effortlessly with no resistance. The points are really pointy so they get under the most stubborn stitches with ease, almost as if they're reading your mind. Yet, they're not so pointy that they hurt when you press on the ends...much less so than some other needles I've used in the past.

Perfect smoothness yet clinginess.
Perfect pointiness without causing injury.
Perfectly smooth join that lets the yarn glide effortlessly around the cable.
Perfect weight and warmth.
Perfect colors and beauty.

PERFECT needles.

I brought my camera to take pictures for y'all but I forgot the card reader *duh* so you'll have to make due with an inferior camera phone picture :) This is some dusty green Wool of the Andes wool on the needles :)



Everyone should run out and buy these now!

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with Knit Picks...just a fellow fiber whore who know y'all would want to hear about the tips as soon as I used them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment