Monday, March 13, 2006

Crafty Overdose

I started on several projects this weekend. I wasn't quite brave enough to start working on my first project on the infinity loom I bought recently, so I took up my round KK loom and played around with an adaptation on the mock crochet stitch I saw on someone else's blog. I LOVE how it's coming out, so lacy and soft and it knits up quick. However, I don't know what it's going to become, lol...it just....IS...at the moment. Maybe it always will just be and then I'll frog it and make something else with the yarn, lol.

Sunday, I decided I needed to get brave and on the ball with my infinity loom. See, I haven't done any knitting on a double rake before, and it's so big and pretty, I was intimidated. Yup. I'll admit it :) But I went out to the garage (where I keep the giant tub o' yarn that isn't in use or next up to bat) and pulled out some blue varigated yarn and my instruction sheet and went to town. I used the lucet cast-on and I'm doing the stockinette stitch and I have to say, I LOVE how it's turning out :) I've decided to make several smaller quares and then crochet them together into one blanket. I know that sort of defeats the purpose of having the infinity loom, but hey, I told you it was intimidating me, so I decided to start small on this one :) I'm almost done with my first square and I can't wait till I have several and can start picturing how it will end up looking :)

The blanket is for an auction in the middle of October, so I have 7 months to finish it : I was teasing my sweetie, and I said maybe it will end up being a LAP blanket, hehehe. I'll just see how far I get along with it in 6 months and decide from there, lol.

It certainly is fun, though...knitting on the double rake :) I love how sturdy and thick my square is coming out and I don't know what people are talking about when they say their double rake knitting comes out too loose and loopy. Mine is very snug and even all the way around. Maybe it has to do with the KK gauge vs. the infinity loom gauge *shrug*

I'll post some pictures of my projects later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment