Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Luscious garter scarf

I'm going on a vacation to Mt. Shasta in a few weeks to play in the show with my sweetie. I decided I needed a WARM scarf to wrap about my head and neck whilst pummeling said sweetie with snow balls :)


Digging through the stash, I came across a treasured skein of Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks tussah silk and merino yarn that I bought at Stitches West in February 2007. So soft! Such scrumptious colors. I knew this was my scarf. I'm a big fan of the garter stitch...it's so squishy and textured and just easy as pie, so I decided my scarf would just be plain garter stitch. This would also allow the yarn to shine, rather than a stitch pattern. It ALSO gave me the opportunity to practice knitting and purling backwards (easy as pie, really :) ) and holding the yarn in different positions while knitting. It was fun and easy and good practice.
Behold! The most luscious, soft, silky-draping plain ol' garter stitch scarf of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment