Saturday, May 19, 2007

WIPs

Howdy :)

My Secret Pal 10 moderator has started a new contest! She wants to see pictures of all our Works in progress :)

My oldest WIP is this purse for my sister started on the green loom in April 2006. It was supposed to be her wedding present for last June...maybe I'd better finish that up :P


Next oldest is my brown blob, as I affectionately call it :) It was supposed to be a shawl, but I cast on waaaayyy too many stitches, so now it's a lap blanket. I just have the last super soft brown stripe on the end to finish up and then I have to weave in ends and then...done!


Next is my shawl. I cast on oh...maybe 4 weeks ago?...and it was going to be for my mother for mother's day. *laugh histerically* Yeah...new plan is getting it done by her birthday in September :) It's soooooo gorgeous, though...I might end up keeping it :D Just to give you an idea of it's length, those are 60" needles and I couldn't lay it flat all out on the length of the needles :


A close up of some of the shawl :)


Finally, it's my WIP swatch! This was a swatch that I made for some top-down socks I'm going to cast-on for shortly. I started out trying several different picot cast-ons on the top, then just knit a plain ol' stockinette swatch, washed it, dried it and took my measurements. It's soooooooooooooooo soft! Can't wait to try to make the socks :D


So, that's what I'm up to these days :) I wish I was a faster knitter, I'd have more done to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment