Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitter's Treat Exchange questionnaire

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?

I am obsessed with Alpaca yarn :D Alpaca yarn is just...to die for! But I also love wool, cotton, silk, bamboo, even some acrylics if they're SUPER soft. I'm a VERY tactile person and can't handle anything that feels plasticy or rough. I have a fair amount of alpaca, wool, alpaca/wool, wool/cotton, cotton, alpaca/silk, and some soft acrylics like Simply Soft and some Patons.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?

I do NOT like anything "fun fur" ish or novelty yarnish. No rough wool or scratchy acrylics, please. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty easy to please :D

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?

Wander around touching every skein to see what feels good.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?

Besides knitting, I am a spinner and I make jewelry from beads. I also sew and do general crafty stuff :) I want to re-learn tatting and crochet at some point, but I don't have time to do the stuff I do already!

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?

Martha Stewart Living, is all at the moment. All my other ones ran out and I haven't had the cash to re-subscribe! I used to subscribe to Spin Off, Interweave Knits, Better Homes & Gardens and PC Magazine :)

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting (most preferred)
Home
Food
Other Craft
Garden
Crochet
Fashion
Celebrity Gossip (yuck)

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?

Ohhh, just about anything :) I've knit hats, blankets, purses, scarves, lace, cables, fingerless mittens, wrist warmers...and I'm currenly learning socks :) I havne't done any clothes yet, but a tank top is on my list of soon!

8. Are you allergic to anything?

Just dust and gold :) Chocolate, depending on the brand (see question # 14 below).

9. What do you like to* smell of?

I love citrus-y cents a lot, as well as jasmine, vanilla, apple. I do not care for spicy scents and I have an aversion to the smell of coffee and tea. I know, I'm bizarre :P

My everday perfume is Body Shop Lemongrass Tea (no longer sold, but I stocked up on ebay when I heard they were stopping making it!) and my fancy perfume is Casmir (also not made anymore, but you can get it online...lol).

10. What's your favourite way to relax?

Knitting, spinning or a long hot bath with a good book. Also, popping a xanax helps on occasion :P

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?

Definately the old fashioned bakery!

12. What do you come out with?

Something light and flaky, like a palmier...or something with cinnamon, like a snickerdoodle :)

13. Where do you go next?

The victorian sweet shop, I guess, as I don't drink coffee or tea, lol.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?

I don't drink coffee or tea and I am not a big fan of chocolate. Sorry, I know this makes things harder! Chocolate I do like: Dove milk chocolate and kit kats :) As far as candy goes, I prefer things like swedish fish or sweet tarts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment