Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Crafty update

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! You're as welcome as can be!

I got my yarn from Knit Picks and it's yummy and delicious and I have to take a picture soon to share :D

*soft alpaca love*

I finished my mother's lace scarf for Christmas and blocked it (my first time blocking something!!!) and it's wrapped up and ready to go. I forgot to take a picture of it before wrapping, so I'll have to take one when she opens it. I sur ehope she loves it!

I'm also knitting a dishcloth with the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon on it for my Aunt who is in remission from Breast Cancer. I'm almost half way done and expect to finish it tonight :) I am having weird ladder issues when I change from purl to knit for the ribbon part. Ah well, I'm hoping it will come out in the washing/blocking :)

Yay! Holidays!

Other good news: A friend of mine is lending me an Ashford Traditional spinning wheel!!!! I am just gushing with excitement to have a wheel in my home to practice with and try out to see if I want to buy one. I'm getting a large tax return this year (I think) and I would love to spend some of it on a wheel, if I decide I like using one and can justify the purchase :)

Still left to do for Christmas knitting:

1) Finish the dishcloth
2) Finish spinning the alpaca yarn for my Aunt Helen.
3) Knit a nose cozy as a joke gift for my Butch :) :P

I can do it! I have Thurs and Fri off, so I have a 5 day weekend and the presents for my Aunts won't be given until the week after Christmas sometime anyway...so I can do it!

*feeling like the little engine that could*

No comments:

Post a Comment