Sunday, October 22, 2006

Cables Ho!

Still knitting away...I'm loving this pattern and it's ridiculously easy to knit :) I'm having problems with ladders in the first two stitches after each cable and it's frustrating, but I'll figure it out. I've already gotten a lot of good feedback from folks on how to fix them :)

I also started spinning my alpaca today at my Spindles & Flyer's Meeting...good googly wooglie! That stuff spins up like a DREAM! I think Alpaca is my new favorite thing to spin *swoon*

4 comments:

  1. Hiya, I'm glad you're enjoying the alpaca -- post a photo once you've spun some up, I'll be curious to see it. I haven't had a chance to spin any of mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to learn to knit just to make cables. It looks good!

    I also really need to take my spindle out and learn to use the blasted thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Spinning Dervish, yes...I'm in LOVE with Alpaca...I am enjoying spinning it so much, I'll definately post a photo of my results soon! I'm giving a skein of handspun alpaca yarn to my Aunt for christmas. She's an AVID knitter, so I think she'll be pleased to get handmade yarn from me :) At least...I hope so :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Pagan Hooker,

    Yes! Cables are soooo fun and really ridiculously easy. You just knit (or purl) and the only time you do anything different is when you get to the twist, then it's a really easy switcheroo and you go back to knitting your regular pattern :)

    And yes, spinning is sooooooo relaxing and fun. I highly recomment spinning alpaca :P

    ReplyDelete