Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Spinning/Roving Secret Pal Swap!

I joined a Spinning/Roving swap awhile ago. My partner just ROCKS and she was so on the ball that I got my package yesterday, even though they aren't due until the end of October :)

Of course, me being me, I'm still working on MY secret pal's box...but it will be send out next week, I think :) She's in Austrailia on vacation right now anyway, so even if I sent it, she wouldn't get it until the middle of October :P

When the postman walked in yesterday carrying a box, I just KNEW it was full of fibery goodness for me *happy dance* I slit it open and revelled in the BEAUTIFUL fiber and other goodies my Secret Pal spoiled me with...I certainly am a lucky swap participant :)



The dark brown and medium brown on the left and top are both Alpaca...my pal even met the animals the fiber came from! The lighter brown on the right is Suri-Alpaca. It's all soooo soft and just begging to be spun up into beautiful things :) I've wanted to spin Alpaca ever since I first started spinning months and months ago ;)

She also sent me three patterns to use my handspun yarn for, some tea, three beautiful beaded stitch markers, Wizard of Oz book plates and some taffy! Talk about going above and beyond! You ROCK, secret pal!

My pal's son also included a hacky sack for my son...it's a gift that keeps on giving for the whole family :)

I am just thrilled at the thought and care that went into my package from Spinning Dervish and I only hope that I can put together as nice a package for my secret pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment