Monday, July 28, 2008

Jam fan

Saturday, someone gave me a whole flat of raspberries! I LOVE raspberries, but I knew I wouldn't be able to eat them before they went bad. So, what did I do? I decided to make freezer jam for the first time in my life. I threw in one container of blackberries, just for the heck of it, but otherwise, it's amazing, delicious, fantastic raspberry jam! YUM!!!!!!

The whole time I was making it, I was remembering the Friend's episode where Monica makes Jam and Joey sits there and eats it with a spoon. Having only ever had store-bought jam and jelly before, I couldn't understand why he would do that. Yuck. Well, licking the spoon on my freezer jam while I was cleaning up, I now know why. Hot dayun, that's some AMAZING stuff! I almost wished some of it didn't set so I could pour it over vanilla ice cream :D Delish :)

Yay for jam :) My son even asked for a jam and peanut butter sandwich for lunch today, instead of the usual peanut butter and banana sandiwch :D

It's so different than jam in the store. It's slightly creamy, but firm and not too sweet and tastes like real raspberries with a tiny hint of blackberries at the back of your throat. God, it's good. I need to invent things to eat it with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment